Scatter is a grasshopper Add-On to distribute geometry with attributes.
Scatter is Free. Free as "Free speech", not as "Free coffee". Scatter can be supported: link. Developing and maintaining software takes time and resources (no magic here). If you can't, at least send an email and say thanks ;-)
It is useful to bake large amount of objects instantly (for example meshes, breps, proxies with materials, lights, ect.) by applying transformations such as translation, scale and rotation.
Added in Scatter2: Rewrite of scattering for blocks, Texture Mapping for rhino objects; Random grouping for rhino objects; Camera control; Helper for getting planes from breps/meshes - useful for guessing texture mapping direction.
Example files are also attached below (including a few proxy objects).
How it works?
- Reference Rhino object/s as ID (Guid).
- Define Grasshopper Planes for scattered objects location and orientation
- Rotation and Scale values - Randomly transforms geometry (or pre-define values as a list)
- Boolean button to activate
- Instantly bakes geometry with attributes into a new layer called "Scatter"
- In Grasshopper, choose File > Special Folders > Components folder. Save the gha file there.
- Right-click the file > Properties > make sure there is no "blocked" text
- Restart Rhino and Grasshopper
- After intstallation you can found plugin under Params > Scatter.
Petras Vestartas 2015