Besides planar faces, xMergeFace and xMergeAllFaces will also merge conical, cylindrical, spherical, toric, and some other NURBS-surface faces.
There is no installation; place all contents of the downloaded .zip into a Module Search Path for Rhino Python, e.g., %AppData%\McNeel\Rhinoceros\6.0\scripts and run the intended .py through various means (https://developer.rhino3d.com/guides/rhinopython/python-running-scripts/ )
Although they contain more options than their native Rhino command counterparts, the scripts function similarly to them, and the default settings will suffice most use.
- Non-manifold breps are skipped
- Bad results when used on breps with overlapping faces
- Although the scripts may work in Rhino V7, updates are not regularly tested in that version yet
- Although the scripts may work in Rhino V5, updates are not regularly tested in that version
Revision history in YYMMDD format:
- 200107: Initial release
- 201016: Bug fixes and refactored to more files
- 220420: Repaired for Rhino 7+ due to a RhinoCommon 7.17 script-breaking change.