Hexagonal dimple pattern
This is a simple GH definition that lets you create hexagonal dimple patterns on a surface easily.
- You can specify the number of rows and columns, and the depth of the dimples can be adjusted by graph mapper.
- You can flip the pattern in the U, V, or N directions and bake the pattern to a Mesh object for rendering, or to a PolySurface created by SubD.
- Baking a PolySurface can take a long time, so be aware of this.
- To control height changes with graph mapper, it's recommended to disable the solver and then edit the graph.
- Riched Graph Mapper is a good option for more freely adjusting height changes with graph mapper.