HECSTAB is a highly-flexible tool for the naval architect involved in the design and regulatory evaluation of both ship and non-ship shaped assets. Geometric models required for HECSTAB analysis can now be created with our new Rhino and Grasshopper tools.
- Rhino plugin user interface panel to navigate and review of Rhino HECSTAB model components, including the definition of the hull buoyancy spaces and properties, watertight compartments and ullage devices, and more.
- Rhino plugin commands for model creation, tagging, and analysis (hydrostatic table generation, ullages table generation, etc.)
- Rhino file plugins for HECSTAB model import and export
- Export to HECSTAB's native modelling tool for review or launch a HECSTAB analysis directly from Rhino
- Grasshopper plugin components to simplify the generation of watertight compartments
- HECSTAB API for model creation can also be used directly from RhinoPython for custom exports. A sample script is provided.
Within HECSTAB, the user can develop multiple models to analyze trim, intact stability, damaged stability, and longitudinal strength. Throughout the design process, HECSTAB allows the user to easily make changes and quickly analyze the results. In addition to traditional fixed-axis free-to-trim calculations, HECSTAB can perform variable heeling axis (free twist) calculations that greatly reduce the number of calculated conditions. An ideal tool for every user, HECSTAB contains an integrated modeling package, a hierarchical analysis interface, streamlined wizard-style analysis templates, and a state-of-the-art Python scripting interface.
- Intact and damaged stability analysis for ship shapes or offshore structures
- Variety of available analysis packages, including maximum KG evaluations and SOLAS Part B-1
- Longitudinal strength analysis (ship shapes)
- Fixed axis (free to trim) or variable Axis (free twist) evaluation
- Tools to evaluate wind overturning moments for stability regulations directly from 3D geometry
- Python scripting engine with condition evaluation and vessel modeling API
- Compatible with CargoMax™ and HECSALV™