Zebra is a C# grasshopper plugin, developed by YFA team when a need came for an agent based design plugin that can do the following:
- Optimized plugin to flock at least 100 agents with no performance issues
- Combining behaviours with each dynamically and in the same simulation
- Very simple interface that can do everything while keeping a high level of controllability for any parameter.
- Working in conjunction with environmental design.
- Can contain agents in any brep or mesh form.
The plugin is developed by Youssef Aboualghar under the supervision of Yusuf Fahmy Within YFA.
Check out the Project on Github
The plugin contains:
- Agent Based: Engine, Properties, Agents, Containers, Behaviours.
- Ratio rectangle: created a retangle with width to height ratio and scales them to a specified area.
- Topology & Geometry Hierarchy: components determine topology for lines and vertices and Brep explode while keeping object hierarchy and surface, edges sorted in their correct order.
- Mesh Forming: makes mesh interact with agents by moving its vertices aways from the way of the agents.
- Surface To Mesh: contains components to make mesh from surface in different cases.
- Utilities: contains a data recorder that can be reset and a component to partition trees.
Based on Craig Reynolds methods and Long Nguyen base flock behaviour.