TTToolbox 2 by Thornton Tomasetti | CORE studio is a refresh of the original plugin for Grasshopper featuring a range of different tools that CORE studio | Thornton Tomasetti uses on a regular basis.
Updates to classic tools include:
- Updated Excel Read / Write components with a simplified interface and new options for data compilation.
- Expanded options for applying multiple Conditional formatting rules in Excel.
- Updated Section Sweeper (inspired by Jon Mirtschin's StructDrawRhino plugin) which sweeps BREP/MESH of structural shape sections around guide curves with new options for Section Selection.
- Simplified Unit Converter and Rhino Unit Selection
- Refreshed Time Series component with new output for easier use.
- A Revived Brute Force Solver component with an additional Component that allows for additional inputs & a faster solver.
- Restored and improved Group components for returning objects by groups and assigning objects to groups.
- And improved UI and performance on several other utilities.
NEW | Attributes Workflows:
- Get and Set Attribute components reference and update Attributes from Rhino Document Objects.
- The Construct Attribute component sets the Name, Layer, Group Names, and User Text (Key / Value Pairs).
- The Material Attribute component assigns PBR material properties to attributes and Linetype Attributes assigns graphic properties including Stroke Color, Weight, Pattern, and Fill Color.
- Bake Attributes can assign these Attributes to geometry and bake to the document, or just bake basic geometry.
- Save Attributes writes the User Strings to a JSON or CSV file.
- New Preview Material and Preview Lineweight give a simplified preview of material and graphic properties.
- Attributes can also be used for the new File Export / Import components.
- Attributes are extensions of Rhino's default ObjectAttributes class and can be used directly in scripting components with Rhino Common.
NEW | File Export / Import:
- File Import components bring Geometry and Attributes from external files into Grasshopper.
- File Export components write Geometry and corresponding Attributes to external files
- 3D & 2D Geometry + Attributes can be written to and read from 3DM, DWG, and DXF files.
- 3D Geometry can also be written to and read from OBJ and STL files.
- And 2D Geometry can be written to SVG files in a custom format and read from SVG using the Rhinocommon method.
Legacy TT Toolbox
The original versions of TT Toolbox (1.1 - 1.9) are still available for download and can be run alongside the new toolkit without conflict.