by Shih-Yuan Wang | Yu-Ting Sheng | Florian Frank
- McNeel Rhinoceros 5x64 SR12 or higher.
- Grasshopper 0.9.0076 or higher.
- Active Internet Connection (on Installation).
- IRC5 Stream & Get Calibration Component: Install ABB Runtime Communication
TACO is a free and user-friendly programming plugin for the simulation and control of ABB industrial robots directly within Grasshopper. Taco offers users to program and visualize ABB robots with parametrics. The current and main features include:
- Single and Multi-Robot(ABB Multi-Move) Tasks
- I.K Solver + RAPID code generator
- IRC5 read calibration + Stream Task Files
- Custom tool definition
- Custom speed settings
- Custom rapid commands
- Lots of options on toolpath TCPs
- ABB_IRB2600_20165 robot definition
- Robot simulation
- Download the "Taco.zip", from the link above.
- Extract the downloaded .zip file and drag and drop the containing "Taco.gha" file onto the Grasshopper Window.
- In case the toolbar "Taco for ABB" or "ABB" does not show up, you have to check your internet connection and firewall settings. You will have to disable your firewall for Rhino.exe for 1 time. Restart Rhinoceros and start Grasshopper. The toolbar should be loded and you can change your firewall settings back. If you want to receive automatic updates, don't set Rhino.exe to your firewall anymore.
Note: Even if Taco is a set of User Objects (.ghuser) files, you can install it via the Taco.gha. Once installed the .gha will take care of the .ghuser files and constantly look for updates. Once an update is available you will get prompted on the start of Grasshopper. By clicking on "Accept" the update will be finished after some seconds, thats it. No need to replace .ghuser files manually anymore ;-)
"The use of TACO is at your own risk as it is a free software. We accept no responsibility for damage or injury! Please check the RAPID code carefully before uploading."
To completely uninstall Taco, you have to delete both the Taco Folders (subfolder of blickfeld7) in Special Folders - Components Folderand Special Folders - User Object Folder
Taco was developed during a course at the University of Innsbruck (AT) | institute for experimental architecture.hochbau (Univ.-Prof. Marjan Colletti, PhD) in cooperation with Media x Design Lab (CH), EPFL (Prof. Jeffrey Huang) and is an ongoing project by the three developers Shih-Yuan Wang,Yu-Ting Sheng and Florian Frank.