Robot Components is a plugin for intuitive robot programming for ABB robots. Robot Components offers a wide set of tools to create tool paths, simulate robotic motion, and generate RAPID code within Grasshopper. Some of the main features include:
- 40+ predefined ABB robot models
- Possibility to add your own robot models
- Support for external axes (both linear and rotational)
- Possibility to define customs strategies for all external axis values
- Support for work objects (including movable work objects)
- Efficient forward and inverse kinematics
- Possibility to add your own custom code lines
- Real-time connection with IRC5 controllers
- Open API to develop your custom components using either Python or C#
This open-source project is initiated by the chair of Experimental and Digital Design and Construction of the University of Kassel. The technical development is initiated and executed by the research associates and student assistants.
In case you want to use the components from the controller utility section to establish a real-time connection with the controller, you have to install Robot Studio or the latest ABB PC SDK (ABB Robot Communication Runtime 7.0).
Documentation website: robotcomponents.github.io/RobotComponents-Documentation/
API documentation: robotcomponents.github.io/RobotComponents-API-Documentation/
Source code and release notes: github.com/RobotComponents/RobotComponents
In case of issues and questions, you can send an email to email@example.com.