CHAM presents RhinoCFD, a general purpose Computational Fluid Dynamics (CFD) software plugin, built directly into the Rhino environment and powered by CHAM's PHOENICS. It allows users to investigate the interaction of their model with the surrounding fluid, thus enabling rapid optimization and testing without leaving the familiarity of the Rhino environment. Contact firstname.lastname@example.org for sales and more information.
Latest Release - Version 2.1.5
The new version is here. Here's a snapshot of a couple of the more exciting upgrades:
- New Post processing panel to simplify creating plots and produce higher quality results processing
- Temperature effects on foliage model
- Auto calculation of time step in transients
We also have some improvements that are specific to FLAIR, our built environment module:
- A new aerosol deposition model is available
- Wind conditions can now by specified via Weibull coefficients
- The Dutch and Belgian Fire standards are now selectable
- A new comfort index is available: Universal Thermal Climate Index
Have a look at the full list (and what it all means) here!
For older versions please contact email@example.com
CFD can be used in any area where fluids may have an impact on a design and therefore its applications are numerous and is already used in a wide variety of industries including:
- Marine: design of hulls, sails, propellers
- Architecture and building services: External/internal ventilation, HVAC, contaminant dispersion
- Jewellery: Investment casting optimization
- Aerospace: Aerodynamics, turbomachinery, heat management
- Medical: Arterial flow, respiratory flow, effects of non-Newtonian fluids
- Transportation: Drag reduction, combustion processes, emissions testing
With RhinoCFD, Computational Fluid Dynamics is now available for Rhino3d users without having to leave the Rhino environment. It also makes a complex subject matter accessible to many new users, reducing the learning curve necessary to perform the investigations.
RhinoCFD’s breadth of scope allows you to simulate complex phenomena such as multiple-phase and compressible flow, heat transfer both inside solids and between solids and fluids, radiation modelling and non-Newtonian flows.
- Serial and parallel processing options
- Cartesian and Cylindrical Polar co-ordinate meshes
- PARSOL cut-cell geometry detection simplifying the mesh generation process
- PHOENICS structured sequential CFD solver
- Numerous turbulence model options including RANS and LES
- Radiation modelling
- Relational Data input without re-compiling
- Post-processing inbuilt in Rhino including iso-surfaces, surface contours and streamlines
- In-program and online help
Special purpose variant for the built environment: FLAIR
RhinoCFD can include a variant called FLAIR which is aimed particularly at architects and other built-environment engineers. It includes:
- Pollutant hazards models for both internal and external flows
- Comfort indices, draught ratings, dry and wet bulb calculations, humidity levels
- Fire growth curves and smoke movement, density and visibility
- Mean-age-of-Air and Air-Changes-per-Hour calculations
- Various diffusor models
- Vegetation drag and humidity models
Special purpose variant for the naval industry: Marine
RhinoCFD Marine allows users to very quickly set up a free surface flow past their hull and extract information such as velocities, pressures and turbulence intensities on it. Additionally, waves can also be specified as inflow conditions, allowing the user to see how these interact with their ship.
To this end, the menu is greatly simplified so only the relevant parameters are displayed, decreasing complexity and setup time.
RhinoCFD Lite is a downloadable free trial version of RhinoCFD. It contains all of the physical models and capabilities of the full version of the software, but is limited in the mesh resolution. This should allow you to get a flavor for how it works and ensure it's the right software for you before commiting to buying a licence. Best of all, you can use RhinoCFD Lite for as long as you want! Please register here.
We offer students and academics a free 2 month licence. To obtain this licence, you must register with us and provide proof of status. Please register here.
If you require help with RhinoCFD, we will be happy to assist. Visit us to have a quick chat!
To install please see this tutorial.
For issues with the toolbar please see this tutorial.
By downloading RhinoCFD, you agree to the terms and conditions of distributing and using CHAM's RhinoCFD Software. Terms and conditions can be downloaded below.
Rhino 7 for Win
Rhino 6 for Win
Rhino 7 for Win
Rhino 6 for Win
Rhino 7 for Win