KarambaIDEA is an open-source Grasshopper plug-in, which can link Karamba3D with IDEA StatiCa connection.
KarambaIDEA facilitates the interaction with IDEA StatiCa, making it possible to include joint analyses in your parametric workflow and improve feasibility and buildability of your design.
The plug-in KarambaIDEA is developed as part of the research project SMARTconnection. More information about the research project can be found at: https://www.bouwenmetstaal.nl/themas/parametrisch-ontwerpen/smartconnection/
The plug-in will not anymore be updated on this page.
LATEST VERSIONS CAN BE DOWNLOADED via PackageManager found in the rhino command line.
Software needed to run:
- IDEA Statica Connection (at least version 20.0.92)
- Rhino 7
KarambaIDEA makes use of the DLL's of Rhino 6 and IDEA Statica connection. Therefore, IDEA should be installed in folder C:\Program Files\IDEA StatiCa\StatiCa 20.0 and Rhino 6 should be installed in folder C:\Program Files\Rhino 6 .
KarambaIDEA can be installed by dragging the GHA-file into the Grasshopper Canvas.
KarambaIDEA is not official software of either Karamba3D or IDEA Statica Connection.
Although being tested KarambaIDEA contains errors – therefore no guarantee can be given that KarambaIDEA computes correct results. Use of KarambaIDEA is entirely at your own risk. Please read the license agreement that comes with KarambaIDEA in case of further questions. KarambaIDEA is licensed under the Apache License 2.0
Link to sourcecode:
Want to help improve KarambaIDEA? The link to the source-code of the plug-in can be found below:
Questions and issues:
Questions regarding the plug-in KarambaIDEA can be posted on the following link:
Questions and issues regarding the source-code of KarambaIDEA can be posted on the following link:
- Beta version
- Inclusion of both ended and continuous members
- Version 1.0
- LCS rotations included
- Updated to Karamba3D version 1.3.2
- Updated to IDEA Statica Connection 10.0
- Version 1.1
- Improved Karamba3D data export
- Joint types visualization
- Version 2.0
- Updated to IDEA Statica Connection 20.0
- Analytical joint templates
- IDEA joint templates
- Cost calculation components
- Version 2.1
- Template by file path component
- Version 2.2
- Update components logos
- Update to IDEA v20.1
- Version 2.3
- dynamically finding newest installed version of IDEA StatiCa
- include user feedback pop up windows
- updated GH example file to Rhino 7
- Version 2.4
- user-definable loadcase names
- include member index based names in idea file
- Version 2.5
- include eccentricty vector
- user-definable membernames and jointnames
- batch analyses
Rhino 7 Win