IcoSphere is now included with RhinoPolyhedra!
The IcoSphere plug-in for allow you to create a mesh IcoSphere, a refined Icosahedron.
The UV-based mesh sphere looks like a globe. For many purposes it is perfectly fine, but for some use cases, e.g. if you want to deform the sphere, it is disadvantageous that the density of vertices is greater around the poles. Here the IcoSphere is better, its vertices are distributed evenly. IcoSphere are a type of geodesic dome.
The IcoSphere plug-in supports both Rhino 5 for Windows (SR12) and Rhino 5.1 for Mac (5B161).
The IcoSphere plug-in has a single command:
- MeshIcoSphere. Creates a mesh icosphere.
IcoSphere is free!
- Download the plug-in installer.
- For Rhino for Windows, the download is in Rhino Installer file (.RHI) form.
- For Rhino for Mac, the download is in Rhino Installer file (.MACRHI) form.
- Double-click in the file to launch the Rhino Installer and install the plug-in.