Ibex is a terrain modeling plug-in that interfaces with ASCII files from ArcGIS.
- Import Terrain: Create a georeferenced terrain mesh from an ASCII file exported from ArcGIS.
- Export Terrain: Export a georeferenced terrain mesh in Rhino to an ASCII file, readable by ArcGIS.
- Apply Orthoimagery: Project orthoimagery onto a terrain mesh.
- Extrude Building Footprints: Extrude lofted building footprints down to the underlying terrain mesh.
- In Grasshopper, choose File > Special Folders > Components folder. Save the gha file there. You can also
- Right-click the files > Properties > make sure there is no "blocked" text and/or that the GHA file is unblocked.
- Restart Rhino and Grasshopper
When exporting the ASCII file from ArcGIS, be sure to use a projected coordinate system. Before running Ibex, ensure that the Rhino units match those of your ArcGIS coordinate system. During the export from ArcGIS (Raster to ASCII Toolbox), ensure that you set Output Coordinates to "Same as Display." This creates an accessory projection file that Ibex reads to build the terrain in geographically correct space.
Developed by Mark D. Heller
Icon design by Hannah Van der Eb