HoaryFox handles the Japanese structural BIM format ST-Bridge files. It supports model visualization and input/output of ST-Bridge files to Karamba3D .
You can easily check structure frames and present them!!
- In Grasshopper, choose File > Special Folders > Components folder. Save the HoaryFox directory there.
- If you want to use Karamba3D convert, it is recommended to save the file in the same directory as Karamba.gha
- Right-click the file > Properties > make sure there is no "blocked" text
- Restart Rhino and Grasshopper
How to use
- Input st-bridge file path, output some its tag data(StbColumn, StbGirder, StbPost, StbBeam, StbBrace, StbSlab, etc).
- Support for ST-bridge above ver2.0
Please refer to Samples directory files.
Conversion of data into Karamba3D supports only beam elements. Mesh elements such as floor and wall are not supported.
L-type and C-type cross-sections are replaced by rectangular cross-sections with equivalent axial cross-sections because Karamba3D does not support them.
Output is STB2.0.3 format.
What is ST-Bridge
Quote from building SMART Japan Structural Design Subcommittee doing making specifications of ST-Bridge.
ST Bridge is the standardized format for data sharing in Japan’s structural engineering industry.
- Simpler to use than IFC due to the clearly defined the range of use
- Integrate Japanese original methods of drawing methodology (Grids, part placement and section annotations, reinforcement information)
- Aim for coordination between domestic structural applications, building skeleton surveying applications, 3D Object CAD