Please cite us if you use this software:
Chen, J., Kharbanda, K., Loganathan, H. (2021). Cardinal LCA v0.0.1
The current trial version focuses on stages A1-A3 and analyzes the embodied impacts (Global Warming Potential, kgCO2e) using the EC3 and ICE 2019 database.
Main features of Cardinal LCA v0.0.1:
- Calculates GWP for early-stage design specifically focused on the structure and façade elements.
- Integrates EC3(US) and ICE 2019(UK) databases.
- Dropdown menu for easy selection & use.
- Easy to visualize – via 2D graphs and 3D mesh mapping for high to low GWP value of building elements.
- Flexibility to add your custom EPD for analysis.
- Example files are available for download.
- Bug fixes and more ease of use.
- Integration of other EPD databases.
- Visualization with more graphs.
- Installing Issue: If the plugin does not show up in the Gh tab, go to Rhino and type in _GrasshopperDeveloperSettings. Enable the Memory load *.GHA assemblies using COFF byte arrays. Add the folder with the component files here.
- Due to lack of internet connectivity, sometimes the Material Selection components might not send request and shows “Failed to login. Please search again.”
- Bugs with Legend component.
- Jessica(Shi Yu) Chen
- Kritika Kharbanda
- Hariprasath Loganathan