In collaboration with Rhinoceros development team CAD Exchanger launched a plug-in that enables the import of 30+ CAD formats directly into Rhino.
Its scope includes, but is not limited to, several neutral (JT, Collada, IFC), kernel (ACIS, Parasolid), and native (Siemens NX, CATIA, SOLIDWORKS) formats, that are not initially supported by the package itself. For the full list of supported formats and their versions, please refer to https://cadexchanger.com/formats/.
Import CAD files in these formats:
- SolidWorks (*.sldprt; *.sldasm)
- CATIA (*.CATPart; *.CATProduct)
- Siemens NX (*.prt)
- STEP (*.stp; *.step)
- JT (*.jt)
- Parasolid (*.x_t; *.x_b)
- STL (*.stl)
- ACIS (*.sat; *.sab)
- IGES (*.igs; *.iges)
- Solid Edge (*.asm, *.par, *.psm)
- 3D XML (*.3dxml)
- IFC (*.ifc)
- OBJ (*.obj)
- MotionBuilder (*.fbx)
- VRML (*.wrl)
- AutoCAD Drawing (*.dwg)
- 3D Studio (*.3ds)
- Collada (*.dae)
- X3D (*.x3d)
- 3MF (*.3MF)
- U3D (*.u3d)
- Open CASCADE (*.brep)
CAD Exchanger Rhino plug-in enables viewing third-party models without preliminary conversion and additional tools. All data from the source files is preserved, including colors, textures, materials, properties, and meta-data.
- Free trial - 14 days
- Perpetual license - $750 USD (one-time fee)
- What formats are supported?
CAD Exchanger supports 30+ 3D CAD formats. The full list of formats is available here.
- Is it possible to convert colors / layers / materials etc.?
By default, CAD Exchanger reads everything written in the original file. Depending on the file format the scope of the supported entities may vary. Refer to this User’s Guide for up-to-date details.
- How is CAD Exchanger Rhinoceros plug-in licensed?
CAD Exchanger Rhinoceros plug-in goes under a perpetual license, which is linked to a fixed MAC address and provides life-long access with a 12-month updates package. After 12 months, you can continue using the version you ended up on indefinitely, or you can purchase another year of updates. The pricing is aligned with the standalone version of CAD Exchanger and available here.
- How to launch CAD Exchanger Rhinoceros plug-in?
- Download the installer
- Double click the installer to launch the installation.
- Next time you open Rhinoceros, the plug-in will be loaded automatically.
- How to activate the license?
Upon completing your purchase you will receive a serial number via email. The next steps are the following:
- Launch Rhinoceros
- Select ‘License’ from the ‘CAD Exchanger’ menu
- In the resulting ‘CAD Exchanger License’ window, enter the serial number from the email
- Press ‘Activate’.