The goal of Bombyx is to allow for simplified whole building Life Cycle Assessment (LCA) of buildings during design.
The current WIP version focusses on the assessment of embodied impacts using the Swiss LCA database for building materials.
Bombyx2.0.7 comes with new features and bug fixes:
- internet access no longer required (includes database)
- component outputs marked as "(text)" provide additional info for the users
- generating dropdown menu selections for easier usage
- new top-down functionality - Building level design
- bug and typo fixes
- new icons
- window component reworked
- example file available for download (separate zip file)
Before installation, remove previous version of Bombyx, then unzip the addon into: %AppData%\Grasshopper\Libraries
Future development will focus on visualization, creating custom materials, adding external databases, Mac support, bug fixes and more.
- sometimes item selector does not save the selected item properly (quick fix is to use Item Selector from Human or Honeybee addon)