Azure Kinect for GH is a Rhino Grasshopper Plug-in that can read body tracking movement and point cloud data from Microsoft Azure Kinect DK.
Microsft Azure Kinect DK is a spatial 3D capturing hardware with multiple body tracking capability and other functionalities. Compared to previous version of Kinect, Azure Kinect DK has higher 3D camera resolution and improved body tracking features like palm detection and head orientation tracking.
See link below to learn more about the hardware:
This plug-in is developed in C# using K4AdotNet library. (https://github.com/bibigone/k4a.net)
There are two main features of this plug-in.
- 3D Point Cloud Capture (Realtime)
- Multiple Body Tracking (Realtime)
How to install
- Install Microsoft Azure Kinect Sensor SDK 1.4.1
- Install Azure Kinect Body Tracking SDK 1.1.0
- Unzip (Including the KinectGH folder) files to Grasshopper components folder (Users\***\AppData\Roaming\Grasshopper\Libraries)
Developed by Andrew Jinho Ahn & Inho Jo at Hanyang University CMCIC Lab.