This is the second release of our plugin for Point Cloud editing.
We have tested this project, but it is the first release and it might contain bugs. Please use it "as is", it does not come with warranties. We spent a lot of time developing the logic and implementing it, please give credit where credit is due.
In Grasshopper, choose File > Special Folders > Components folder. Save the Volvox.gha, Volvox_Instr.dll, Volvox_Cloud.dll, Volvox_Python.py there.
Right-click the file > Properties > make sure there is no "blocked" text
Restart Rhino and Grasshopper
The plugin is developed in the frame of the DURAARK project: http://duraark.eu/
DURAARK (Durable Architectural Knowledge) is a collaborative project developing methods and tools for the semantic enrichment and long-term preservation of architectural knowledge and data. It focuses on establishing working practices and links between semantically rich BIM models and unstructured Point Cloud data. It Is funded through the European Commision's FP7 Programme and is running between 02/2013 - 01/2016. (Grant Agreement no: 600908)
This plugin is developed as a part of DURAARK project at the Center for Information Technology and Architecture (CITA) by Henrik Leander Evers and Mateusz Zwierzycki.
It is recommended to download E57 File Import Rhino plugin and CloudCompare.
New features in Volvox 0.3.0.0 :
- Volvox is now distributted with an installer
- E57 Exporter - also within the Engine/EngineX
- Script Cloud component enables the user to write custom VB.NET code to process the point cloud
- E57 Metadata now outputs scanner positions
- Point cloud type now stores the scanner position as well (that's useful with E57 files. Position follows the transformations of the point cloud
- Bugs reported in our GH group should be fixed now
New features in Volvox 0.2.0.0 :
- New Engine - EngineX with a different user interface (it's possible now to abort calculations)
- Big part of the components is now multithreaded
- E57 reader library written from scratch
- No more Python compiling in the background
- User Data introduced - attach any numerical data to the point cloud
- Other new utility components