T-Rex can help you to create parametric models of reinforced concrete structures with Grasshopper.
How it works?
Basically T-Rex can help you to model different rebars, which are represented by meshes, which allows real-time generation of model even for thousands of bars.
Manual / Instructions
Features (0.2.0 BETA)
- Concrete: Profile, Profile To Elements, Mesh To Elements, Element Group Info
- IFC: Create IFC
- Rebar Shapes from curves: Curve To Rebar, Polyline To Rebar
- Rebar Shapes from rectangle: Rectangle To Line Bar Shape, Rectangle To U-Bar Shape, Rectangle To Stirrup Shape
- Rebar Shapes library: L-Bar Shape, Stirrup Shape, Spacer Shape
- Rebar Spacings: Curve Spacing, Custom Spacing, Vector Count Spacing, Vector Length Spacing, Rebar Group Info
- Properties: Bending Roller, Cover Dimensions, Material, Rebar Properties
License: MIT License and other informations
Source code: click
Author: Wojciech Radaczyński, you can email me anytime: firstname.lastname@example.org
Special thanks to Allen Vargas for all of the support, comments and ideas.