Ideas for further development, bugs, cool stuff made with the Squid ?
Join our GH forum group
Take a look at some graphics made with the Squid (requires you to join the Squid group)
This is the first release of my plug-in to draw bitmaps with Grasshopper.
This utility for Grasshopper exposes a bunch of components in the Squid tab.
I have tested this project, but it is the first release and it might contain still bugs. Please use it "as is", it does not come with warranties. I spent a lot of time developing the logic and implementing it, please give credit where credit is due.
- In Grasshopper, choose File > Special Folders > Components folder. Save the gha file there.
- Right-click the file > Properties > make sure there is no "blocked" text
- Restart Rhino and Grasshopper
You may find it useful to download Firefly and Horster Camera Control. While these plugins are not mandatory for the Squid to work, they can extend the Squid functionality.
For instance :
- Save the bitmap with the Squid, then load it with Firefly - this gives you access to all the bitmap filters from the latter.
- When you want to draw some 3d objects with the Squid, you have to use the Screen Map component. After you map the geometry, you should sort it's drawing order by the Z coordinate (see Painter's algorithm). You may use Horster to control the camera then.
- Mateusz Zwierzycki