ShapeDiver is an online platform that lets you upload and display your Grasshopper definitions in a web viewer, along with their parameters.
Once on ShapeDiver, anyone can play with your definition's parameters in a web browser, while your definition remains private and safe on our secure servers.
UPDATE July 13th, 2018: Release of v.1.4.3. Major update replacing all the ShapeDiver display and material components.
The ShapeDiver plugin provides several components to help you set up your model before you upload it on ShapeDiver.
- ShapeDiverTextInput: A parameter component which will create a text box in the ShapeDiver viewer, for users to specify a string parameter.
- ShapeDiverGeometryImport: Import external CAD files (OBJ and DXF at the moment) into your Grasshopper definition. The files must be stored in an online public location.
- ShapeDiverDataOutput: output data from Grasshopper to the viewer, to be accessed through the API.
Viewer Settings: A group of utilities to preview and export material settings to the ShapeDiver viewer.
- ShapeDiverDisplayGeometry: the ShapeDiver Preview component, that should be used instead of "Custom Preview" for a better control over rendering in the online viewer. Input geometry and one of the ShapeDiver material components.
- ShapeDiverSimpleMaterial: defines a material using only a color and one of the ShapeDiver material presets optimized for online rendering. Presets have indexes between 1 and 999, with different material families (100 - Basic, 200 - Plastic, 300 - Metal, 400 - Glass).
- ShapeDiverMaterial: defines a material by fine tuning the online viewer rendering settings. Set several parameters such as metalness, roughness and opacity, as well as texture maps, roughness maps, normal maps and opacity maps. Warning: some of these rendering parameters can't be previewed in Grasshopper and will only be effective in the ShapeDiver viewer.
OLD: ShapeDiverMaterial, ShapeDiverTextureMaterial, ShapeDiverCustomMaterial
Texture Utilities: A set of tools to facilitate the mapping of textures. We recommend to use the Human plugin for additional texturing tools.
- ShapeDiverTextureTransform: Applies a transformation to the texture coordinates of an input mesh.
- ShapeDiverBrepOrMeshSplit: Splits a Brep or a Mesh in separate planar and unplanar components. The planar outputs are grouped according to their orientation, in order to simplify texturing operations.
Export Utilities: A set of output components defining a geometry export interface in the viewer.
- ShapeDiverExportDownload: Input geometry, a format and a file name, and this component will create a Download button in the ShapeDiver viewer, allowing users to bake and export the chosen geometry resulting from any parameter set. From version 1.4.3, text file export is also supported.
- ShapeDiverExportEmail: Instead of making the exported geometry public, this component takes an email as input and creates a button in the ShapeDiver viewer, allowing users to bake and export the geometry to the specified (not publicly disclosed) email address.
- ShapeDiverSetProperties and ShapeDiverPropertiesExport: utilities allowing to define object properties to be exported with the geometry using the Export components (name, layer, color, plot color and plot weight).
- The ShapeDiverTolerance component allows direct control over the tolerance settings and units used for meshing the definition outputs.
- Various JSON utilities for communication with web application through the ShapeDiver API.
- A set of components for exporting geometry to a shapeways account (https://www.shapediver.com/blog/parametric-designs-configurator-shapeways)
If you think additional components would help make ShapeDiver a better experience, please let us know!