A plain and simple NACA section generator for Rhino, it exposes a single command, "shFoils". For the moment, only NACA 4 digit sections are implemented, however, 5 digit series are planned to be released as well as a Grasshopper component. The generated sections are placed with the leading edge tip in the origin. SeaHorse Foils is free to use, however consider donating to support further development.
- Chord - specify chord length
- Thickness - specify profile thickness as a percentage
- Max Camber - specify maximum camber
- Max Camber location - specify location of maximum camber
I have tested this project, but it is the first release and it might contain bugs. Please use it "as is", it does not come with warranties.
- copy the SeaHorseFoils.rhp file to your favourite Plugin folder
- after you placed the file where ever you like, drag it into a Rhino window
- not compatible with Rhino for OSX
- not compatible with Rhino 4
Florin Isvoranu | VIZIBLE