SD_NAUTILUS® is a unique, simple and low-cost platform primarily designed for the shipbuilding industry, but it can be used in other areas of mechanical industry as well. It was developed as a supplement to the Rhinoceros basic package especially valuable to naval architects, design centres and shipyards with following features:
– SD offers a wide pallet of additional tools for fast 3D modelling typical for shipbuilding
– Automatic positioning of structural elements with naming in a shipbuilding manner
– Automatic specs/part lists creation with weight and COG info
– Quick semi-automatic cross-section extraction, preparation for 2D drawing and export to any Cad software package
– Quick extraction of structural elements for CNC cutting preparation
– Automatic profile extraction and preparation for 2D profile sketches
– Plate expansion
Visit us on our youtube channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCFUbgpf3MGoxatBDNvV82dQ
– Low-cost & simple application
– Inexpensive equipment (unlike competition software solutions, Rhinoceros is not high demanding for hardware requirements)
– Low-cost & easy personnel training
– Possibility of simultaneous work at multiple locations in the world. No participants number limitation at any levels of project development. - It is not required to have SD installed on workstations for modeling stage, so outsourcing at modeling stage is very easy.
– Compatibility with all other similar software packages (AutoCAD, SolidWorks, SC or similar) is inherited from Rhino itself
– Adaptability to the client’s demands and practice.
– Working with no database requires some manual operating especially during alterations,
– Parametric connection is for now rationed due to the prospects of Rhinoceros basic package.
SD_NAUTILUS® is excellent substitution to expensive software packages intended primarily for smaller design offices, shipyards and workshops with capacity up to 10,000 t/year.
Compliance to the customer needs and the total cost of application make SD_NAUTILUS® outstandingly attractive.