The RoboDK plugin for Rhino allows you to combine Rhino's CAD modeling software with RoboDK to program industrial robots.
For more information:
Simulation and Offline Programming
RoboDK simulation software allows you to get the most out of your industrial robot. Easily simulate and program industrial robots offline from your Rhino models and deploy robot programs on your robot with just a few clicks. RoboDK’s simulation and offline programming tools allow you to program robots outside the production environment, eliminating production downtime caused by shop floor programming.
No programming skills are required with the intuitive RoboDK graphical interface. You can easily program any robot in a few steps. With RoboDK you can generate error-free robot programs, avoiding singularities, axis limits and collisions.
RoboDK is suitable for many manufacturing applications, including:
- 3D printing
- Gluing, Dispensing and Welding
- Robot machining
- Carbon fiber placement
- Pick and Place
- Machine tending
- Force control
- Lab Testing
- … and more!
Among other things, RoboDK features include:
- Intuitive graphical user interface - Program your robot without coding
- Drag-and-drop functionality - Set up your cell in minutes (robot, tools, environment)
- Extensive library - Broad range of robots, tools, actuators and sensors for your project
- Supported 3D models - Import objects and create new tools using 3D files such as STL, PLY, STEP and IGES
- External axes - Integrate external axes to extend your robot’s reachability
- Generate Programs – Obtain programs that can run on your robot controller with just a few clicks
- Run programs on the fly – Execute programs directly from your computer with just a few clicks with robot drivers
- CAM for robots - easily convert 5-axis CNC toolpaths to robot programs and use your robot like a 5-axis CNC
- Automated path solving - Avoids robot errors including singularities, joint limits, reach limits, and collisions
- Fast collision detection - Easily define the object interactions that you want to avoid
- Advanced use - Create robot programs from your PC using your favorite programming language. The RoboDK API is available in Python, C#, Visual Basic, C++ and Matlab
- Simulate 2D vision cameras - Test your image recognition algorithms in the simulation environment
- Multiple robot simulation - Synchronize and program multiple robots moving them at the same time without any limitations
- Robot calibration - Calibrate your robot arm to improve accuracy
- Easily customize your post processor - Integrate specific sensors or actuators such as machining spindles, force control, image processing, etc
How to install
Follow these steps to install the RoboDK plugin for Rhino:
- Download the RoboDK plugin for Rhino
- Double click the RoboDK.RUI file to install the plugin and Grasshopper components.
- Download and install RoboDK
- Follow our getting started to Rhino and RoboDK guide to export parametric features to robot programs.
The plugin is free, however, certain features in RoboDK require visit the pricing section for more information.