RhinoPolyhedra for Rhino will allow you to create and visualize a variety of polyhedral shapes; over 630 different shapes.
- The project has been completely rewritten to run in both Rhino 6 for Windows and Rhino 6 for Mac.
- The project now includes support for Grasshopper. You’ll find the components on the Mesh toolbar under Polyhedron.
- The Polyhedron command now creates over 630 shapes.
- The Polyhedron command now outputs meshes (ngons) or curves, in addition to surfaces and polysurfaces.
RhinoPolyhedra supports Rhino 6 for Windows and Mac, and Rhino 5 for Windows.
RhinoPolyhedra for Rhino 6 also supports Grasshopper on both Windows and Mac.
RhinoPolyhedra has these Rhino commands and Grasshopper components:
- Polyhedron - Creates a variety of polyhedra; over 630 different shapes.
- MeshIcoSphere - Create a mesh icosphere, which is a a refined icosahedron.
- MeshQuadSphere - Creates a mesh quad sphere, which is a refined cube.
- PolarZonohedron. Creates a polar zonohedron, which is a convex zonohedron derived from the star which joins opposite vertices of any right n-gonal prism (for n even) or antiprism (for n odd). The faces of this zonohedron consist of n equal rhombs surrounding one vertex, n rhombs beyond these, and so on, giving n-1 sets of n rhombs altogether that end with those surrounding the opposite vertex.
- QuickHull - Creates a convex hull from selected points using the QuickHull algorithm.
- Waterman - Creates a Waterman polyhedron, which is created by packing spheres, according to cubic close packing (CCP), then sweeping away the spheres that are farther from the center than a defined radius, then creating the convex hull of the resulting pack of spheres.
RhinoPolyhedra is free!
- Download the plug-in.
- Download is in Rhino for Windows Installer file (.RHI) form on Windows.
- Download is in Rhino for Mac Installer file (.MACRHI) form on Mac.
- Double-click in the file to launch the Rhino Installer and install the plug-in.