Our process at INFIMENSIONS cluster oftentimes involves designing based on sacred geometry and mandala-style radial symmetry. Instead of doing it manually in Rhino we were looking for a quick and efficient way to instantly see how our design on one axis looks when rotated chosen number of times (axes) around a chosen point (origin). We couldn't find an existing solution, so we built one and decided to open source it for everyone to play with little to no previous experience.
- works with 2D objects, as well as 3D objects (but probably slower depending on your computer specs)
- quickly see design relations between axes
- copy the whole Grashopper patch if you need different plane, origin and/or number of axis for a different layer (as many as you need)
Developed by Danijel Sivinjski (released into the public domain)
- Grasshopper version: 1.0.0007
- Rhino version: 6.20.19322.20361