This App is made for carpenters. It works fine with rectangular polysurfaces (like a box), which are not rotated. Maybe it works for other projects too.
The plugin collects name, dimensions and material of selected objects.
Material: Set a material to the layer
Output: f=file, output in a text file to the same folder of the 3dm-file; c=csv-file; t=Rhino text object; b=clipboard. The Rhino text will be set on the layer partsli.
Cutting addition: addtion units for cutting first. If the value is more than 0, a second list for cutting is append to the list.
How PartsList works:
- copy selected objects
- explode blocks
- read object properties
- sort objects by thickness and material
- same pieces will put in one line
- delete copies
- output in clipboard, Rhino text, txt- or csv-file
Objects without name will be selected. After selection you can type a name for the selected object. You can't set a name for objects inside a block, during the command runs.
Condition: This App was made for rectangular polysurfaces and can't handle rotated polysurfaces.
- Close Rhino.
- make rph-file executable
- Move the rhp-file to C:\Users\<YOURNAME>\AppData\Roaming\McNeel\Rhinoceros\7.0\Plug-ins
- Start Rhino and go to options/plug-ins
- On the bottom press the install button and select the PartsList.rhp
Object Name: Name is limited: 10 keys
- Close Rhino.
- Then Remove the Plugin folder from C:\Users\<YOURNAME>\AppData\Roaming\McNeel\Rhinoceros\7.0\Plug-ins
For Rhino 6 and Rhino 7