Managing technical product documents can be a challenge.
Growing with complexity, we use simple systems such as CAD-Data management, then the DMS (document management system) to facilitate the creation and organization of shared content, the PDM (product data management) to collect the information of the products, finally PLM (product lifecycle management) tools to support the life cycle of products and services, from their conception, to development, to market launching, to withdrawal.
They are usually used together with computer-aided design (CAD) for technical documentation and product manuals.
Octopus for Rhinoceros is born as DMS integrated with Rhinoceros and in the future it will become a PDM.
Octopus for Rhinoceros features are:
- users and user groups creation with specific access and function limits
- centralized storage for datas and documents on a managed server, even in the cloud
- coding according to rules, with customized metadata
- adding a title block in drawing with metadata
- quick search using codes and code classes
- search by metadata
- personalized workflow and revision management
- BOM creation
Octopus is in beta version.
It's free distributed as a time beta.
You must update the program to the latest version available to continue using it after expiry.