This ghuser release allows the user to fillet/chamfer an open-closed polyline feeding the component with values or letting the component to do the job for you! What you just need to do is to define the "strength" of the fillet/chamfer action.
This utility for grasshopper 9.0 exposes five commands:
- First. Chamfer it! (Boolean) if set to True the user switch from arch fillet to straigth lines chamfer
- Second. Radii (Value list) you can insert here the radii list but don't worry: if you are lazy the component will fill the remaining values for you; if you exceed the list length, it will cull the last-ones.
- Third. PL (curve) insert here an open-closed curve
- Fourth. radii imput (boolean) if True, you need to insert radii manually. If False the component will fill the radii values accordingly with segment lengths.
- Last. radii factor (floating value) insert a floating value from 0 to 1 to decide the fillet/chamfer strength entity
Output: Resulting crv and Point list (polyline vertexes).
I have tested this project, but it is the first release and it might contain still bugs. Please use it "as is", it does not come with warranties. I spent a lot of time developing the logic and implementing it, please give credit where credit is due. Other additional text.
Extract the zip file, than:
- In Grasshopper, choose File > Special Folders > User Object Folder.
- You should see the component in > Curve > Util
- Once the component is placed on canvas> right click> internalize.
- Nicolas Ombres