Hummingbird is a set of Grasshopper components that facilitate the creation of Revit native geometry. This process exports basic geometric properties and parameter data to CSV text files which are used to create Revit BIM geometry. The tool also supports importing Revit geometry into Rhino, making a bi-directional workflow possible.
- New Curtain Wall component supports adding mullions.
- Wall heights can now be variable.
- Support for Rhino 6 and Revit 2018-2020 now included. Also a set of test data has been provided.
- Bi-Directional Revit <--> Rhino support! New component allows reading data output from Revit to create geometry in Rhino.
- Support for Revit 2015 - 2018.
- Units!, Whitefeet ModelBuilder tool now includes the ability to specify metric or other custom units upon import.
- No more Excel! Read and write using simple CSV text files.
Hummingbird for grasshopper includes the following components:
- Adaptive Components
- Curtain Walls
- Columns (both structural & architectural)
- Lines (detail, model, area bound, room sep)
- Lofts (place points, curve by points)
- MassFamily (Extrudes a closed polyline into a mass family)
- Topo Surfaces
- Family Instances (places any revit family by coordinate point)
- Import (reads .CSV file and creates Rhino geometry)
To use the latest version you must have the following software installed:
- Windows 7-10 with .NET 4.7
- Revit: Revit 2014/2015/2016/2017/2018/2019/2020 (for 2013 use the older version)
- Rhino: Version 6 and included Grasshopper.
Run the installer which will install both the grasshopper component as well as the Whitefeet ModelBuilder addin.
For more examples and information:
- Tim & Mario