horsterReference tools make it easy to reference objects by type, layer and other attributes from Rhino to Grasshopper.
for now it consists of five components:
- Reference by layer - gets the Guids of objects that are on specified layer.
- Reference by type - gets the Guids of object of specified type.
- Reference by attributes - allows the user to filter the objects in Rhino document depending on their name, type, layer and color
- Read text objects - references all dots and annotation from Rhino document into Grasshopper. Returns the origin points and the strings.
- *NEW* Read attributes - gets the name, layer, color, material and type from the objects ID.
horster tools were developed as part of BAD.Research program. this is the first release of the tool: i'll be greatful for any feedback and suggestions.
- in Grasshopper, choose File > Special Folders > Components folder. save the gha file there.
- right-click the file > Properties > make sure there is no "blocked" text
- restart Rhino and Grasshopper
- *NEW* if you are downloading version 0.2 and you have previous version (it was called referenceEasy.gha) please remove it from your Components folder before installing - I messed something with Guid/Name relation.
i recommend starting with horsterReference example files.
Jacek Markusiewicz Architect. Researcher BAD.Research firstname.lastname@example.org