Grasshopper Component which read ST-Bridge file(.stb) and display its model information.
You can easily check frames and present structure frame!!
If you need stand-alone ST-Bridge file viewer, Please see STEVIA
As a test function, it creates an analytical model of Karamba from st-bridge data.
- In Grasshopper, choose File > Special Folders > Components folder. Save the gha file there. If you want to use Karamba convert, it is super recommended to save the file in the same directory as Karamba.gha
- Right-click the file > Properties > make sure there is no "blocked" text
- Restart Rhino and Grasshopper
How to use
- Input st-bridge file path, output some its tag data(StbColumn, StbGirder, StbPost, StbBeam, StbBrace, StbSlab, etc).
- Support for ST-bridge ver2.0 is now available from HoaryFox ver1.1.
Please refer to Samples files.
Convert to karamba
Conversion of data into Karamba supports only beam elements. Mesh elements such as floor and wall are not supported.
L-type and C-type cross-sections are replaced by rectangular cross-sections with equivalent axial cross-sections because Karamba does not support them.
What is ST-Bridge
Quote from building SMART Japan Structural Design Subcommittee doing making specifications of ST-Bridge.
ST Bridge is the standardized format for data sharing in Japan’s structural engineering industry.
- Simpler to use than IFC due to the clearly defined the range of use
- Integrate Japanese original methods of drawing methodology (Grids, part placement and section annotations, reinforcement information)
- Aim for coordination between domestic structural applications, building skeleton surveying applications, 3D Object CAD