HoaryFox handles the Japanese structural BIM format ST-Bridge files. It supports model visualization and input/output of ST-Bridge files to Karamba3D .
You can easily check structure frames and present them!!
If you need stand-alone ST-Bridge file viewer, Please see STEVIA
- In Grasshopper, choose File > Special Folders > Components folder. Save the HoaryFox directory there.
- If you want to use Karamba3D convert, it is recommended to save the file in the same directory as Karamba.gha
- Right-click the file > Properties > make sure there is no "blocked" text
- Restart Rhino and Grasshopper
How to use
- Input st-bridge file path, output some its tag data(StbColumn, StbGirder, StbPost, StbBeam, StbBrace, StbSlab, etc).
- Support for ST-bridge ver2.0 is now available from HoaryFox ver1.1.
Please refer to Samples directory files.
Conversion of data into Karamba3D supports only beam elements. Mesh elements such as floor and wall are not supported.
L-type and C-type cross-sections are replaced by rectangular cross-sections with equivalent axial cross-sections because Karamba3D does not support them.
Output is STB1.4, STB2.0 is not supported yet.
What is ST-Bridge
Quote from building SMART Japan Structural Design Subcommittee doing making specifications of ST-Bridge.
ST Bridge is the standardized format for data sharing in Japan’s structural engineering industry.
- Simpler to use than IFC due to the clearly defined the range of use
- Integrate Japanese original methods of drawing methodology (Grids, part placement and section annotations, reinforcement information)
- Aim for coordination between domestic structural applications, building skeleton surveying applications, 3D Object CAD