Heteroptera is a plug-in for grasshopper comprised of a variety of tools in different categories that can be used as a toolbox, but it mostly focuses on Uncertainty and Generation.
This initial version contains tools in five distinct categories:
- Animate: contains some components for creating animation.
- Math: Has very useful simple mathematical components lack of which was tangible in grasshopper.
- Text: comes with components that work with text and characters.
- Uncertainty: contains some component based on probability and chance.
- Network: Comes with 2 components to crate decent and indecent networks between points.
- Tools: Has useful miscellaneous components with uncategorized usage.
I have tested this project, but it is the first release and it might contain still bugs. Please use it "as is", it does not come with warranties. I spent a lot of time developing the logic and implementing it, please give credit where credit is due. Other additional text.
In release 0.1.2.5 we have changed some feature in existing components and added some new components to Heteroptera. Some features are:
- Adding Capacitor [Animate]
- Adding Agent Trailer [Animate]
- Adding Center [Geometry]
- Adding Number Limiter [Maths]
- Adding Streaming Gate [Maths]
- Adding Randomizer [Uncertainty]
- Adding [Bipolar] option to Random and Biaser
- Now BVMA/NBMA/Wandering/Noise supports multidata as a list
- Adding [TextDot] option to TextBaker
- Adding optional Seed parameter to Dice and PointEmitter components
- Changed some codes in Heterosweep and VariSweep
- Changed some codes in Random Direction, Random Vector, and Random Emitter to obtain better homogenous distribution.
In release 0.1.4.2 we have changed some feature in existing components and added some new components to Heteroptera. Some features are:
- GenePool Controller now works by direct connection
- QuickBake now has been equipped with various option for grouping
- Ovulation supports Grouping mode
- Adding Number Digitizer
- Adding Modular Point
After a while passing some small changes in Release 0.1.7.1 now we have some new components and some basic alterations in existing components to make them friendlier .
Adding Intervals tools
- Adding Intervals Union
- Adding Intervals Subtraction
- Adding Intervals Intersection
- Adding Encryption-Machine
(Gh_Timer is not required anymore )
- Embedding internal timer (self-engine) in live Noise Oscillator
- Embedding internal timer (self-engine) in live Wandering Vectors
- Embedding internal timer (self-engine) in live AndroListener
- Adding controllable internal timer-engine to tap buffer
New features in release 0.1.8.6 :
- Adding additional Intervals Tools:
- Symetrical Extend
- Interval Addition
- Enhancing the algorithm of Network component to run it 100times faster
- Adding Mesh Constrain Mass Additive Vector component
- Adding Seed parameter for Slingshot
- Adding refrence Group component
use the common way:
- In Grasshopper, choose File > Special Folders > Components folder. Save the gha file there.
- Right-click the file > Properties > make sure there is no "blocked" text
- Restart Rhino and Grasshopper
or just drag Heteroptera.gha into the grasshopper canvas .
- Amin Bahrami [Helioripple Studio]