Grasshopper plugin to import and export ESRI Shapefile. Plugin written in pyhton and using pyshp module
1. Install GhPython
- Download zip http://www.food4rhino.com/app/ghpython. Tested with 0.6.0.3.
- In Grasshopper, choose File > Special Folders > Components folder. Save the gha file there.
- Right-click the file > Properties > make sure there is no "blocked" text
- Restart Rhino and Grasshopper
2. Install pyshp
- Plugin developed for using in native python environment while Grasshopper is using IronPython. So installation of the module requires a bit of creativity.
- Download pyshp zip achive https://github.com/GeospatialPython/pyshp/archive/1.2.12.zip
- Extract it to C:\Users\%USERNAME%\AppData\Roaming\McNeel\Rhinoceros\5.0\scripts. Final path to shapefile.py should be ...Rhinoceros\5.0\scripts\shapefile.py
3. Extract UserObjects
- Download zip archive https://github.com/Hiteca/ghShp/archive/master.zip
- In Grasshopper, choose File > Special Folders > User Objects folder. Save two .userobject files from zip into this folder.
- Find new buttons under "Extra" tab > "Hiteca"