Gear is a simple way to generate involute gear for Grasshopper user to work with interaction design or machine.
This utility is designed for grasshopper 9.0.
- This plugin is based on ghPython, please install ghPython first.
- This plugin creates the involute gear by input circles.
- Using cirecles create 2D & 3D(bevel) gear on grasshoper.
I have tested this project, but it is the first release and it might contain still bugs. Please use it "as is", it does not come with warranties. I spent a lot of time developing the logic and implementing it, please give credit where credit is due. Other additional text.
- Install ghPython first.
- In Grasshopper, choose File > Special Folders > User Objects folder. Save the files there.
- Right-click the file > Properties > make sure there is no "blocked" text
- Restart Rhino and Grasshopper
Additionally, I wanted to mention a link Gear_example.