Discover is a set of components for connecting Grasshopper models to the Discover optimization platform.
To make Discover work, you need to also run a version of the Discover server which can be found here: colidescope.com/discover.
The following components are included in the Discover plugin for Grasshopper:
- Connect: connects the Grasshopper model to the Discover server.
- Continuous: gets a set of continuous (decimal number) input parameters from the Discover server.
- Categorical: gets a set of categorical (whole number) input parameters from the Discover server.
- Sequence: gets a shuffled list of ordinal values from the server.
- Objective: sends a numerical value as an objective to the Discover server.
- Constraint: sends a numerical value as a constraint to the Discover server.
- Screenshot: captures a screenshot of each design.
To install the components:
- In Grasshopper, choose File > Special Folders > Components folder. Make sure you delete all earlier versions of Discover.gha if there are any. Save the gha file to that directory.
- Right-click the file > Properties > make sure there is no "blocked" text
- Restart Rhino and Grasshopper