Culebra.NET is a 2D|3D Multi Object Behavior library written in C# (Wrapper around Culebra Java library) focused on hybrid system interactions with custom Visualization, Data, and performance features. It contains a collection of objects and behaviors for creating dynamic multi agent interactions. For more information see the Culebra Java Library.
The Culebra grasshopper plugin was rewritten to implement a slew of new behaviors through the use CulebraData.dll which is a wrapper around the Culebra Java Library.
Culebra contains the following features:
- Behaviors - Components controlling system behavior
- Flocking Behavior – Flockers Behavior Type Class Implements Flock Behavior Interface.
- Wandering Behavior – Wanderer Behavior Type Class Implements Wander Behavior Interface, the base Wander behavior is from Craig Reynolds and Daniel Shiffman.
- Noise Behavior – Improved Perlin Noise Behavior Type Class Implements Noise Behavior Interface.
- Tracking Behavior – Path, Shape and multiShape Tracker Behavior Type Class Implements Tracking Behavior Interface.
- Mesh Crawler – Mesh Crawler Behavior Class.
- Forces – Attract, Repel and other force methods inside the controller class.
- Mesh Color Behavior Influence
- Engines- Single, Multi Object and Zombie Engine
- Display - Components controlling the visual output and resolution, new Graphics/Geometry modes.
- Self Org - Components which control self organizing of curve networks.
- Spawn Types - Components controlling the spawning methods.
For questions and/or discussions please visit Grasshopper Culebra Group
Demo Files, Videos & Project Information :
Please use the Demo Files Included in the installer which will be automatically placed in the Culebra_2 Folder in your documents - Demo_Files
To view demo videos & notes please go to the Culebra.NET page.
- Download the ZIP file
- Run the Culebra_Installer and follow the instructions
- Open the Culebra folder in your documents for example files & documentation
- Launch Rhino and Grasshopper
Some of the component icons are modified from David Ruttens base GH Icons.