The cove.tool plugin exports the basic building geometry from your Rhino model, uploads it to an existing cove.tool project, and reports the Energy Use Intensity (EUI) breakdown. Cove.tool licenses are free for students, researchers, and educators (non-commercial work only). Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org with an .edu email address to get free access. Rhino 5 and 6 compatible.
Installation (Rhino 6) Download and run! You will need to install the latest version of IronPython found here: IronPython download the .msi installer and run. See here for step by step: IronPython Step by step install
Installation (Rhino 5):
- Download and install GhPython
- Download and extract latest version of the covetoolgrasshopper.zip to a location you will remember on your hard drive
Usage - at covetool.com: covetoolgrasshopper
- Sign up for an account
- Create a project, completing the steps up to Building Geometry (this is what the plugin will export)
Usage - in Rhino:
- Open your model
- Open Grasshopper
- Open cove_tool_grasshopper.gh and follow the instructions in the definition
- Return to the Building Geometry step in your cove.tool project and refresh the page – the appropriate fields will now be populated and you can continue with the next steps.