The cove.tool plugin exports the basic building geometry from your Rhino model, uploads it to an existing cove.tool project, and reports the Energy Use Intensity (EUI) breakdown. Cove.tool licenses are free for students and educators. Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org with an .edu email address to get free access.
- Download and install the latest Python 2.7
- Download and extract cove_tool_grasshopper_v1.0.0.zip to a location you will remember on your hard drive
- Open the extracted folder and double-click “install_packages.bat” to run it
Usage - at covetool.com:
- Sign up for an account
- Create a project, completing the steps up to Building Geometry (this is what the plugin will export)
Usage - in Rhino:
- Open your model
- Open Grasshopper
- Open cove_tool_grasshopper.gh and follow the instructions in the definition
- Return to the Building Geometry step in your cove.tool project and refresh the page – the appropriate fields will now be populated and you can continue with the next steps.
- Ensure Python install includes pip (C:\Python\Scripts)
- IronPython should be installed without the GCC runtime
- Do not run the command prompt as admin since it cannot find the ghpythonremote path for the admin users