The cove.tool plugin exports the basic building geometry from your Rhino model, uploads it to an existing cove.tool project, and reports the Energy Use Intensity (EUI) breakdown. Cove.tool licenses are free for students and educators. Please contact email@example.com with an .edu email address to get free access.
- Download and install Python 2.7
- Download and install GhPython
- Download and extract cove_tool_grasshopper_v1.0.2.zip to a location you will remember on your hard drive
Usage - at covetool.com:
- Sign up for an account
- Create a project, completing the steps up to Building Geometry (this is what the plugin will export)
Usage - in Rhino:
- Open your model
- Open Grasshopper
- Open cove_tool_grasshopper.gh and follow the instructions in the definition
- Return to the Building Geometry step in your cove.tool project and refresh the page – the appropriate fields will now be populated and you can continue with the next steps.
NOTE: If you get a message about "Referenced assembly failed to load", go back to the folder containing the definition, right-click on each of the ".dll" files, check the "Unblock" box, and click OK.
Compatible with Rhino 5 for Windows