This is the first release of my plug-in to simulate the patterning in 3-D space, making the user able to develop the brick arrangement on a free-form surfaces.
This utility for Brick Pattern exposes ten commands:
· Brick Dimensions: Specifies the dimensions of the brick
· New Brick: Creates a new brick at a desired point of a selected surface
· Move Brick: Displaces the brick on the surface
· Rotate Brick: Rotates the brick around the Yaw axis
· Special Bricks: Enables the user to elaborate the bricks
· Smart line: Creates a line of bricks interactively
· Smart Stain: Helps the users to lay n bricks in desired arrangement
· Brick Line: Creates a line of bricks automatically
· Stretcher Bond: covers a portion of the surface with n bricks, arranged in stretcher bond
· Herringbone: covers a portion of the surface with n bricks, arranged in herringbone bond
I have tested this project, but it is the first release and it might contain still bugs. Please use it "as is", it does not come with warranties. I spent a lot of time developing the logic and implementing it, please give credit where credit is due.
Copy the folder “Brick Pattern”, keeping the original name to drive C (the root of C)
Drag both of the files; “Brick Pattern.rhp” and “Brick pattern.rui” to Rhinoceros®
If there are problems with the installation, try to first unblock the file Brick Pattern.rhp as described here: http://wiki.mcneel.com/rhino/unblockplugin
How to start:
After installing the plug-in, at first please run the “Brick Dimensions” command and input your desired dimensions, the other commands should function subsequently.
This command requires a curved surface to lay the bricks over.