Aviary is a multifaceted graphic toolkit operating on top of Grasshopper 3D. The goal of the project is the extension of Grasshopper’s incredible production capacity to the realm of presentation by providing a suite of tools for the parametric definition of formatting of content from interface and layouts though data and geometry. Leveraging and composing a wide array of open source libraries, Aviary extends grasshoppers parameter-based model to the real time creation and capturing of presentation content from active models.
The toolkits current and in develop capacities include:
Dashboard & Controls (Parrot)
- The Material Design based WPF platform provides a canvas for the laying out of controls and visualizations which both drive and display elements from Grasshopper.
Data Visualization (Pollen)
- Visualize lists and trees of data as Graphic Tables and a wide range of charts and graphs from bar charts to scatter plots.
Office Interoperability (Bumblebee) "Under Development"
- Stream data, text, graphics and layouts to Microsoft Office.
Vector Graphics Definition (Hoopoe)
- Quickly convert grasshopper geometry to graphic paths with stoke and fill definitions, effects, and layering. Export content to transparent Bitmaps, animated or static editable SVG files, and PDF.
Bitmap Manipulation (Macaw)
- Generate bitmaps from datasets in Grasshopper or edit, adjust, layer, mask, distort, and repeat operations on bitmaps. Analyze Bitmap attributes or extract data and vector geometry from image sources.
3D Modeling (Flock)
- Compose cameras, lighting, environments and geometry into 3d scenes and visualize in interactive windows with WPF, static images from OpenGL, and sharable web scenes with Three.js
Standard Graphics Definitions (Wind)
- Modify the visual qualities of nearly every aspect of Aviary with a standardized set of graphic controls. From changing the fill colors of buttons, sliders, and layouts to vector graphic patterns and 3d mesh materials, use one control to change them all.
This Toolkit is still under development. There are many issues to be resolved, features to add, and descriptions to complete...or start, but the WIP is available now.
NOTE: For Human UI users
Currently all dependency conflicts with Human UI should be resolved, please notify if any emerge. To avoid Library overwrites, please place Aviary & Human UI and their dependencies (included .dll files) in unique sub folders in the Libraries folder
- Aviary in: (...\AppData\Roaming\Grasshopper\Libraries\Aviary)
- Human UI in: (...\AppData\Roaming\Grasshopper\Libraries\Human_UI)