This is the sixth edition of the TT Toolbox plugin for Grasshopper.
TT Toolbox features a range of different tools that we from the Core Studio at Thornton Tomasetti (former Advanced Computational Modeling Group) use on a regular basis, and we thought some of you might appreciate these.
You can find a primer with a complete listing and documentation of our tools inside of the downloadable zip file
Some of the tools included in TT Toolbox are:
- A lightning fast Excel Writer with many options such as file creation, work sheet creation, conditional formatting that matches GH coloring and more.
- An Excel reader/ Listener that keeps a live link to an Excel spreadsheet and automatically detects changes.
- A Section Sweeper (inspired by Jon Mirtschin's StructDrawRhino plugin) that sweeps BREP/MESH of structural shape sections around guide curves. It also outputs 2D section curves to sweep/ loft yourself.
- A Safe-Delete component that lets you safely delete user-selected Rhino geometry that is not currently referenced in Grasshopper.
- A CAD exporter that [batch-] creates dwg files from GH.
- A Galapagos Listener Component that records all gene/ fitness configurations, as Galapagos runs.
- Google Spreadsheets Components: Components to read and write data from Google Sheets. No Longer supported! Refer to Leafcutter for Google Sheets and Grasshopper Interoperability
- A Brute Force Solver Component that enables design space enumeration. The component will generate all possible slider combinations (and solve the definition for each combination), allowing a user to test all of their design options. Works well with the Galapagos Listener – solve everything with brute force, then sort by fitness.
- Dashboard Data Visualization components to draw legends, charts and keys on top of GH and Rhino
- Unfold Brep component – unfolds/unrolls developable Breps.
- Just in time for the World Cup final, World Cup Brazil 2014 Components retrieve and parse the raw (un)official data about specific soccer clubs, teams and players participating in 2014 World Cup. Model away with World Cup data! TT Toolbox WC Components interact with Kimono Rest API.
Other tools include:
- Unit converter
- Match Tree Structure (inspired by a script by Andrew Heumann)
- Retrieve Tree Branch
- Retrieve Tree Item
- Curve Type
- Get Geometry Attributes from Rhino
- Remove Duplicate Points based on a tolerance
- Remove Duplicate Lines based on a tolerance
- Sort Curves by Direction
- Group all lines that share a common node
- In Grasshopper, choose File > Special Folders > Components folder. Save the .gha file and all other included .dll files there.
- Right-click on each .gha and .dll file > Properties > ‘Unblock’.
- Restart Rhino and Grasshopper
Though we did some alpha testing in the office, we may not have uncovered all of the bugs and will certainly appreciate your feedback.
The Core Studio Team
- Added World Cup Brazil 2014 Components
- Improved Dashboard data visualization components
- Removed Google Sheets Components
- Improved TT Sweep and TT Sweep Names component: mesh, and metric section catalog support
- Various bug fixes and improvements
- Changed the naming of the Branch and Tree Item components