LunchBox is a plug-in for Grasshopper for exploring mathematical shapes, paneling, structures, and workflow. The plug-in includes tools for:
The latest release of LunchBox is built against Grasshopper 0.90014 and Rhino 5.0 (I am no longer testing with Rhino 4.0)
- Generate: Components for cool generative geometry.
- Math: Create parametric surfaces and forms such as the Mobius, Klein, or 3D Supershape
- Panels: Create paneling systems such as quad grids, diamonds, or triangles.
- Structure: Create wire structures such as diagrids or space trusses.
- Utility: Rationalize spline curves and reverse surfaces.
- Workflow: Read and write Excel files and automate baking and saving.
I hope the tool is as helpful to you as it is to me in the design process!
- Download the Installer and walk through the instructions
- Launch Rhino and Grasshopper
- Download the ZIP package...
- In Grasshopper, choose File > Special Folders > Components folder. Save the gha file there.
- Right-click the file > Properties > make sure there is no "blocked" text
- Restart Rhino and Grasshopper
- Nathan Miller