Hummingbird is a set of Grasshopper components that facilitate the creation of Revit native geometry. This process exports basic geometric properties and parameter data to CSV text files which is used to describe many aspects of the Revit BIM geometry. In Revit this data is easily imported using the Whitefeet Modelbuilder tool (included).
Translating Rhino primative geometry to Revit has been vastly simplified without the need for linking or reference objects. This allows for the downstream Revit model to be modified and adapted for the project duration.
- Units!, Whitefeet ModelBuilder tool now includes the ability to specify metric or other custom units upon import.
- No more Excel! Read and write using simple CSV text files.
Hummingbird for grasshopper includes the following components:
- Adaptive Components
- Columns (both structural & architectural)
- Lines (detail, model, area bound, room sep)
- Lofts (place points, curve by points)
- MassFamily (Extrudes a closed polyline into a mass family)
- Topo Surfaces
- Family Instances (places any revit family by coordinate point)
To use this solution you must have the following software installed:
- Windows 7 with .NET 3.5 and .NET 4.0.
- Revit: Revit 2014 (for 2013 use the older version)
- Rhino: Version 5.
- Grasshopper: 0.9.0056
Make sure to unblock the .exe (properties... unblock)
Run the installer which will install both the grasshopper component as well as the Whitefeet ModelBuilder addin (Revit 2014)
For more examples and information:
- Tim & Mario