The digital fabrication tools for Grasshopper allows you to handle a lot of tasks when working for production. The different tools improve the ability of Grasshopper to set properties to geometry. Those properties improve your speed of work and create a good workflow from 3d engineering to production.
Moving objects to layers, grouping or colouring them, most of the time you spend on setting up your Rhino Objects for printing, nesting or similar tasks will now be easier then ever.
FabTools consists of different UserObjects. So an installation is not needed and you can drag them directly into Grasshopper. Altough they are not a proper plugin, they have almost the same speed and the look and feel of these components is the same as if a plugin.
Requirements: McNeel Rhinoceros 5.0 or higher with Grasshopper 0.9.xxxx or higher.
Author and Copyright: Florian Frank
- Added AngularDimension Component
- Added AlignedDimension Component
- Added DimensionalChain Component
- Added DiameterDimension Component
- Added Hatch Component
- Added TextDot Component
- Added ViewDirection Component
- All components had "null" object on the output, when geometry couldn't be converted, this is fixed.
- Text3d preview was buggy, this works a lot better now.
- All components, that display special geometry work with a new preview algorithm.
Examples & Tutorials for dimensions coming soon...
- Added Layer Component
- Added Unroll Component
- BakeAttributes would set object colour to white, this is fixed
- BakeAttributes would delete old values if another BakeAttribute is applied later to the same geometry, this is fixed.
- Lots of geometry types were not available for bake (e.g ArcCurve, Box, TwistedBox, PolyCurve, Line, Circle....), this is fixed.
- Geometry is beeing converted now, if they're not bakeable or Grasshopper specific.
- Grasshopper Groups now can be baked. Even nested Groups will be baked.
- TextEngrave would output polycurves. Now the output is a unique curve without spans.