This component creates Perlin and Simplex noise. In the Grasshopper scripting on RhinoCommon here at McNeel Europe we teach to program a component that does this, in C# and Vb.Net. Grasshopper contains a 1D Perlin noise function (similar to sines summations), but this functionality cannot be directly extended to more dimensions.
This add-on forms smooth 4D Perlin noise and Simlex noise, two very well-known smooth noise functions investigated by Ken Perlin. Inputs are:
- a point pt: the location to sample
- a number (double) t: the "location" in time
- a scale (number): a multiplier to change the scale of the values passed by pt and t
To install this component:
- download the assembly to your desktop
- right click the file and choose "Unblock" (might not be necessary, but please do it)
- from the Grasshopper interface, choose File -> Special folders -> Components Folder.
- move PerlinSimplexNoise.gha to that folder (ends with "\Libraries")
- restart Rhino. You'll find the components in the Math tab!