Turtle is an open-source plug-in to handle ngon meshes in Grasshopper. It is though to be a common language among any plug-in that needs fast and most-generic mesh structures, allowing faces with any number of sides.
The Grasshopper assembly exposes a new param:
- TurtleMesh. This param allow to maintain Turtle information in Grasshopper document.
As well as 4 components:
- Join Meshes. This allows to put several single meshes into one.
- Explode Meshes. This allows to explode a mesh into single faces.
- Save as the very reader-friendly .OBJ file format
- Load from an OBJ file written by Turtle (or some other tools that write simplified OBJ files). More support will be added. Write to us if you need any special additional format.
Please fork this project and add functionality. Feel free to link to either assembly from your project, both if open-source or closed source (todo: add a simple description of how to do this). We tested this project, but it is an early release and it might contain still bugs. Please use it "as is": it does not come with warranties.
- In Grasshopper, choose File > Special Folders > Components folder. Save the gha file and the .dll file there.
- Right-click each file. > Choose Properties > make sure they are not "blocked"
- Restart Rhino and Grasshopper
- The Turtle Team