Scatter is a grasshopper Add-On to distribute geometry with attributes.
It is useful to bake large amount of objects instantly (for example meshes, breps, proxies with materials, lights, ect.) by applying transformations such as translation, scale and rotation.
Added in Scatter2: Rewrite of scattering for blocks, Texture Mapping for rhino objects; Random grouping for rhino objects; Camera control; Helper for getting planes from breps/meshes - useful for guessing texture mapping direction.
Example files are also attached below (including a few proxy objects).
How it works?
- Reference Rhino object/s as ID (Guid).
- Define Grasshopper Planes for scattered objects location and orientation
- Rotation and Scale values - Randomly transforms geometry (or pre-define values as a list)
- Boolean button to activate
- Instantly bakes geometry with attributes into a new layer called "Scatter"
- In Grasshopper, choose File > Special Folders > Components folder. Save the gha file there.
- Right-click the file > Properties > make sure there is no "blocked" text
- Restart Rhino and Grasshopper
- After intstallation you can found plugin under Params > Scatter.
Petras Vestartas 2015