RhinoCFD adds the power of computational fluid dynamics to the CAD environment, allowing users of Rhino3d to undertake interactive CFD investigation of their CAD models operating under multitude of flow conditions; and all without leaving the Rhinoceros environment. RhinoCFD incorporates many of PHOENICS' best and unique features
- PARSOL minimises problems associated with handling complex geometries.
- Automatic Meshing avoids the necessity to spend hours optimizing meshes, and
- CONWIZ, the convergence wizard, greatly reduces the complexity of obtaining converged solutions.
Both steady-state and transient (time-dependent) scenarios can be considered, enabling users to extend the range of conditions applied to their models.
Please note that this software is in BETA3 version until the 6th of January 2017, so feel free to send us an email with any bugs or issues you may encounter until then.
When you download RhinoCFD, it comes with a quick start guide and a number of tutorials in order to get you started. Once you are up and running more tutorials are available at www.rhinocfd.com/rhinocfd_tut. We also offer a range of basics videos which are aimed at teaching the fundimentals of CFD, these can be viewed at www.rhinocfd.com/rhinocfd_basics.
Double clicking these icons will install the RhinoCFD CFD plugin into a directory on your computer. You need to double click on all three plugins:
- RhinoSatexe: Linking Rhino objects to the CFD properties and running the solver;
- VTKInRhino: Reading and displaying the results
- ChamDatImportRhino: Imports older RhinoCFD geometry files.
If these toolbar icons are not immediately visible for some reason try right clicking in the toolbar region to present this menu and select "Show Toolbar->RhinoCFD"