Computer aided manufacturing software for industrial robots
Visit our website: RAPCAM
Rapcam is developed by RAP Technologies B.V.
RAPCAM is an affordable and easy-to-use 3D robotic programming software for ABB, FANUC and KUKA industrial robots. It offers fast toolpath generation for robotic milling, trimming and 3D printing – directly from your 3D models.
RAPCAM offers click-and-go milling functionality. It generates both roughing and finishing toolpaths to perfectly manufacture your product. You can select pre-loaded spindles and milling bits or specify your own custom tool.
RAPCAM can be used for many different applications; from milling moulds and plugs for casting to the finishing of specific ergonomic cushions and prosthetics.
RAPCAM’s contouring functionality is designed to quickly and easily drill holes or cut shapes from complex three dimensional objects. It can be used for the trimming of composite and plastic products or the cutting of holes for the placement of additional product components.
RAPCAM unlocks the power of robotic milling through custom orientation possibilities. Software allows you to follow the object’s curvature or stick with a certain orientation for the entire job.
Just type RAPCAM in command line of Rhino and RAPCAM will start working!
You can try RAPCAM for free for 30 days.
- Download Rapcam by clicking Download buttons below.
- It can be, that setup file is blocked, because you downloaded it from the internet, click the right mouse button, select properties, look for Unblock checkbox in the bottom right corner of the window and check it.
- Click Ok to close the properties window.
- Double click on the downloaded file.
- Follow the standard Rhino5 installation wizard.
- Start Rhino5.
- Enter RAPCAM in command line and RAPCAM will start.
New Features in RAPCAM v1.1.1
- Define TCP through Eulers or Quaternions, this will allow simulation to match your robot configuration.
- Model your own tools and use them in RAPCAM.
- Save your custom tools with a name for re-use when you start up RAPCAM next time.
- We implemented Lead In / Lead Out functionality so that the robot does not get into the cutting path immediately through joint movement.
- Define User Frames in RAPCAM.
- Input/Output signals for ABB, Kuka and Fanuc robot instructions, these allow for more advanced workflow scenarios.
- Bug fixes on interface freezes are now resolved by making simulation flow improvements, this increases the UI speed.
- Kuka, Fanuc and ABB robots were tested to generate instructions that work correctly with RAPCAM
New Features in RAPCAM v1.0.3
- Parallel use of all workflows allowed - Curve / 3D Print / Milling
- Spiral milling mode implemented for roughing and finishing
- Improved non-uniform milling bounding box support
- Select complex curves composed of polylines, arcs and nurb curves
- Speed enhancements when calculating milling instructions
- You can now save your mill paths into rhino workspace and edit them by hand, also bake multiple paths and join them in rhino
- Option to hide the generated path when inspecting models
- Improved interface positioning of controls
- Back faces of bounding box are being taken into account when offsetting roughing paths
New Features in RAPCAM v1.0.0
- Milling functionality with powerful roughing and finishing algorithms
- Use of non standard bounding objects for roughning, users are not limited to bounding box
- 3d printing functionality improved with extra path generation modes
- 3d orientations based on NURBS surface normals
- Added various options to stabilize 3d path orientation when working with difficult geometries
- Split code instructions into multiple files for dripfeeder
- Debug mode improved with orientation indicators when using surface normal for orientation
- Interface simplified and made to fit small screens
Robots are dangerous, thus authors or copyright holders of this software do not take any responsibility if accidents arise. We do our best to make it safe, but authors will not be held responsible in any way in situations of malfunction or bad use. When using this software user is responsible for his own safety.