This is the first release of my plug-in to generate Penrose tiling.
This utility for Penrose Tiling exposes one command:
- PenroseTiling - with the following options
- Divisions - the number of subdivisions made. The higher this number, the more tiles will be created. A value of 5 (default) will create 340 tiles; a value of 10 (max) will create 41810 tiles.
- Size - the diameter of the collection of tiles in document units.
- RelativeOffset - set a value greater than zero to create offset curves. A value of 0 will not offset and a value of 100 will offset to the center. Typically use a value between 5 and 30 for best results.
- GeometryType - choose Polyline, Mesh or Surface to add the tiles as the specified geometry.
I have tested this project, but it is the first release and it may contain bugs. Please use it "as is", it does not come with warranties. I spent a lot of time developing the logic and implementing it, please give credit where credit is due.
To install, download the RHP plug-in file and save it to a location of your choice. Then, drag the file onto Rhino to install the plug-in. Dragging is needed only once.
You need to run Rhino 5.0 SR7 or higher for this plug-in.If this plug-in is useful to you, please condider a donation to support further development Donate with Paypal
- Menno Deij - van Rijswijk